Termite damage can range from mild and fixable to so bad it forces homeowners to leave for safety reasons. Whether you suspect you may have termites, or are inspecting a home prior to purchase, knowing the signs are very important.
Signs your home (or potential residence) has termites or termite damage include:
· Wood which is buckling outwards, swollen, or otherwise damaged
· A scent of mildew or mold where there is none
· What appears to be water damage where there is no water
· Obvious cracks, mazes, or holes in wooden furniture, walls, ceiling, or (sometimes) flooring this is the most obvious and positive sign you have a termite infestation
· Piles of what looks like grainy sand, most commonly found on windowsills and near baseboards this is actually termite fecal matter
· Windows or door which will not open properly any longer
· The presence of termites flying around in your home usually signifies you already have an issue
· The presence of termites flying outside your home means you may be a potential site for a future development of a colony, and steps should be taken to avoid this happening
· Check for tubes made of mud, which allow termites to move from one place to another
· Wood which is soft enough a butter knife can be ran through it (this sign is not good, as it means the infestation has gone on long enough for them to hollow out parts of your home)
If you know the signs of a termite issue you have a greater possibility of catching and stopping the problem before it gets out of hand. If you think you have termites, Laguna Beach pest control companies are available and you should call one stat. It does not take long for termites to cause considerable damage to your home and property.
The best way to keep your home safe is by practicing prevention. The use of repellants and removing any rotting wood from your property are great starts. Unfortunately, this is not always possible. In the unfortunate event your home does become a termite’s new feeding ground, it can not be stressed enough you need fast help from a termites Laguna Beach specialist. Nobody wants to lose their family home due to structural damage which could have been prevented.